A4988 is a DMOS micro-step driver with converter and overcurrent protection. This product can operate bipolar stepping motors in full, half, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 stepping modes, and output drive performance Up to 35 V and ±2, the A4988 includes a fixed off-time current regulator, which can work in slow or mixed decay mode. The converter is the key to easy implementation of A4988. Just input a pulse in the “step” input to drive the motor to generate microsteps. No need for phase sequence table, high frequency control line or complicated interface programming. The A4988 interface is very suitable for applications where complex microprocessors are unavailable or overloaded.
1. Suitable for driving stepper motors below 8V~35V 2A;
2. Only simple step and direction control interface;
3. Five different stepping modes: full, half, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16;
4. The adjustable potentiometer can adjust the maximum current output to obtain a higher step rate;
5. Automatic current attenuation mode detection/selection;
6. Overheating shutdown circuit, under voltage lockout, cross current protection;
7. Ground short circuit protection and loading short circuit protection