Compared with 4988 features and advantages:
1. The current is 2.5A.
2. Support 32 subdivisions.
3. 4-layer PCB board, better heat dissipation performance.
4. The internal resistance of the chip is smaller, the heat is lower, and the heat dissipation is better.
Size: 1.5mmX2mm (same as 4988)
Drive current: 2.5A
Subdivision: 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32
Manufacturing process: SMT placement machine manufacturing, non-manual welding, higher yield rate, more stable performance
Need to drive stepper motor occasions.
It is the necessary module to build 3d printer, cnc, engraving machine and so on.
The supported 3D printers are Prusa Mendel, ultimaker, printbot, makerbot, etc.
You can refer to the Ar code below to drive the motor directly
DRV8825 features the following points:
1. Suitable for driving stepping motors below 8.2V~45V 2.5A;
2. Only simple step and direction control interface;
3. Six different stepping modes: full, half, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32;
4. The adjustable potentiometer can adjust the maximum current output, so as to obtain a higher step rate;
5. Automatic current attenuation mode detection/selection;
6. Overheating shutdown circuit, undervoltage lockout, cross current protection;
7. Ground short-circuit protection and load short-circuit protection